.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Sandwich Shop

These are my thoughts. They are based on what I see going on around me.

Name:
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

I know very little about myself. If I did know myself better, I probably wouldn't be doing this.

Friday, September 16, 2005

I consider myself a political independent.To me this means I vote for or endorse what I feel is the best candidate for the job, no matter what party they come from. Frankly, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this. Vote for who you feel would do the best job. What's the downside to that ?
But, I get an unusual amount of static from both liberals and conservatives. Liberals insist my views are conservative, and conservatives insist my views are liberal. What's really interesting is that the more examples I give that illustrate my stance, the more both sides insist I oppose everything they stand for.
Not being one who gives up easily, I'll take one more shot at explaining my position. ( It's important that the reader notice words like "might" in my explanation in order to get my point ).
Let's say you walked into a very busy sandwich shop to buy a sandwich. If the people who worked there had short hair, were very well dressed, polite, courteous, the place was clean, the food was top notch, and all the employees made you feel like you were the most important person in the room, you "might" be in a conservative sandwich shop.
Let's say you walked into a very busy sandwich shop to buy a sandwich. If the people who worked there had long hair, dressed any way they felt like,were rude, not courteous, the place was dirty, the food was so-so, and all the employees ignored you while they talked among themselves or on the phone, and they couldn't care less whether you stayed or left, you
"might" be in a liberal sandwich shop.
Let's say you walked into a very busy sandwuch shop to buy a sandwich. If the people who worked there had short and long hair, were dressed in everything from button-down collars to sleeveless t-shirts, were very polite and courteous, the place was clean enough to meet your expectations, the food , the service, and over-all experience impressed you, the employees in the shop paid attention to all the customers equally, you probably " are " in a sandwich shop with an independent view of how a sandwich shop should be run.
I suppose that if your sandwich is just something you're buying because you are bored and are just looking at your sandwich as something to do, it doesn't matter which shop you patronize. But, if your sandwich is an actual meal to you, and you are going to be eating there day after day
( which means the sandwich shop is now part of your life ) which shop would you choose ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home