.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Sandwich Shop

These are my thoughts. They are based on what I see going on around me.

Name:
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

I know very little about myself. If I did know myself better, I probably wouldn't be doing this.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Not So Happy Meal:
It takes an awful lot of disipline to pass up a fast food joint when you're hungry and busy and take the time to cook a home-cooked meal. But, you know what ? If you don't, eventually the quality of your life will go downhill.
Politics has become fast food to our nation. The excuse is that we are too busy to deal with it any other way. Just like we can't fool our bodies into thinking fast food is good for them, we can't fool our culture into thinking that a drive-through approach to politics serves it well.
The laws of human nature say ( among other things ) that solving political problems requires participation and that finger pointing only looks like participation. Who are we fooling ?
If a politican were to come on the scene with actual, concrete suggestions, that were understandable, and were based on common- sense, on how to handle our nation's problems, would we welcome them with open arms or get rid of them before they started something we couldn't finish ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home