.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Sandwich Shop

These are my thoughts. They are based on what I see going on around me.

Name:
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

I know very little about myself. If I did know myself better, I probably wouldn't be doing this.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Cheerios:

From : GEORGE CORNELIUSSEN
Originally sent : Monday, May 24, 2004 9:19 AM
Next month, one of our favorite breakfast buddy's turns 63.
On June 19th 1941 the world was introduced to Cheerios. Here
are some fun facts :

* Cheerios were originally called Cheeri Oats.
* In their first year 1.8 million boxes were sold.
* They are puffed up by being shot through heat cannons.
* Each Cheerios measures 1/2 inch in diameter, and weighs
.0025 ounces.
* 1n 1945 the name was changed to Cheerios ( because of a
conflict with another oat breakfast cereal, Quaker Oats ).
* Cheerios claims to be the first ready to eat cereal.
* 1960 was the first year the "Toasted Oat Cereal" slogan was
used.
* 1979 Honey Nut Cheerios were introduced.
And now the most obscure bit of Cheeios trivia you'll find:
Cheeri Oats ( aka Cheerios ) were invented by James Evans a
graduate of Central Missouri State College. Other CMSU grads
include Dale Carnegie, and Carry Nation.
A bit of world trivia, as it relates to Cheerios:
On the same day General Mills was introducing Cherri Oats
( June 19th 1941 ) Germany and Italy expelled the United States
Embassies from their countries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home